Wednesday 18 April 2012

Print Shot Footage of Making of Double Page Spread

I firstly had to change the background to make it all white. The way I did this without going over parts of the model was to use the magic wand tool to create a border around the model which I could not go over. I then used the paint brush and put it on the largest scale possible as the whole background would be white and this was a quicker way to fill in the whole background.



I then had to concentrate in filling in the gaps between her arms. I used the same tools as before however the paint brush size was much smaller as it was much more detailed and intricate work.


Finally I concentrated in colouring in the background around her hair and head. This proved very difficult as it was hard not to go over parts of her hair, but I also had to edit out any stray hairs which made her hair look messy. To do this I zoomed in very close to her hair so I could see exactly what I needed to edit out and what pieces of hair I had to keep on.


I then started to edit the second photo I needed for my double page spread. I did it in the same routine as before, by firstly as a whole editing the background of the photo to make it white.



I then focused on the holes between her legs which needed to be filled in with white paint. To do this I zoomed in again, and made the paint brush much smaller so I could go right to the edge of her legs, without painting over part of her body.




I then focused on her hair which yet again was the hardest part of editing overall. On the left hand side you can see a piece of hair which sticks out marginally from the rest of the hair, and so I decided to edit this out as I thought it was unnecessary in the photo and made her hair look slightly messy.


I then started to lay and set out my double page spread. I firstly put down the large name of 'Laura' as my double page spread would be shaped around this.



After this I added the text that would be on the double page spread and made it the right width columns. I also had to make sure it didn't overlap any of the title as this is a large part of the page. I had to adjust what writing went in what column as at first it was uneven and looked slightly messy.


I then added the photos to the picture and adjusted them so that they fit properly on the page. I had to adjust how far apart the columns of writing were to fit the picture inbetween, but this was not that hard. At first I wanted the model to look as if she were actually standing on the 'L' but this proved extremely difficult and as her feet aren't flat on the ground I could not do this.


I then added the final small features, such as the quotation on the top left hand side and the name of the artist in the corner. The full name of the artist was added as there was an empty space which I felt needed filling, as it looked bare and as if there should be something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment