Thursday 19 April 2012

Evaluation Question 1

In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of a real media product?

When making my magazine I wanted to make sure that it gave the look and feel of a professional magazine throughout. I therefore based my music magazine around real, high end, popular products to create ideas which would give me this professional magazine look. Using conventions of real media work allowed me to create my own proficient product. From researching usic magazines I found a common theme of: bold titles, large features on the front cover, different style texts, fonts, and colours, and alluring and bold pictures.





Front Page: I focused a lot of my ideas around ‘Vibe’ magazine for my front cover, as I felt this was a very professional and popular magazine, with a lot of ideas that I wanted to in co-operate into my own magazine. Vibes front covers always contain bold, striking photos of artists on their front cover, and so I wanted to include this in my own magazine.

Contents Page: For my contents page I largely based it around an issue of ‘Q’ magazine. The layout and design was extremely like what I wanted mine to look like. I liked the use of the large close up picture of the artists face on the right hand side of the page. I thought this was extremely effective and therefore based my contents page around this magazine.

Double Page Spread: I based my double page spread around two different magazines as I felt both had aspects of what I wanted to include in my magazine. They included the look that I wanted for my model and similar layouts to how I wanted my magazine to be laid out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment