Tuesday 3 April 2012

Preliminary Drawings of Contents Page

In this first drawing I am basing my ideas around contents pages I have seen in my research. Therefore on the page includes multiple pictures, one being big and two small ones, a large title, and information and headings down the side of the page. There is also a large space at the bottom for more information about the magazine. I do like this contents page layout however I am not sure that I would want more than one picture on my contents page, especially not one large one and two small ones. I would also not know what to write in the space below the large picture. Therefore I will not use this layout idea for my contents page.
This drawing is much like the last one as it includes one large picture, two smaller ones, a space for information at the bottom and page numbers and headings to the left hand side of the page. The only difference is that the layout of the pictures is slightly different on the page. Although I think this could be an effective way to layout my contents page I do not want two smaller pictures as I feel they could make the page separated and the pictures may not relate as much to the contents page as I would like them to, therefore I will not use this layout for my contents page.
This design for the layout of my contents page is looking slightly more how I would want my contents page to look. There is a large title at the top which I will include in mine. The writing and titles are down the left hand side of the page which is what I want to include on my contents page. There is also a large picture to the right hand side and no writing at the bottom to fill up empty spaces. The only downfall to this design is that there are still two small pictures at the bottom which I would not like to include on my contents page. I will not use this design for my contents page, however there are similarities between this design and the one I will use for my contents page.
This contents page is much more what I would like to base mine around. There is one large picture on the right hand side with no other small pictures at the top or bottom of the page. I think this is effective as I would like a simple and uncluttered look to my contents page, and to not be taken over by unnecessary small pictures scattered around the page. The only downfall to this design is that there are empty spaces to it, which may make the page seem slightly boring and nothing that interesting for the reader to look at. However I really like the use of one big picture on the page as it makes the contents page very simplistic and eye-catching with one bold photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment