Wednesday 4 April 2012

General Research of Double Page Spread

I feel this double page spread example is not very effective and I would not like to base mine around this idea. Ths is because the writing is pushed over quite far to the right side, and very seperate from the picture. I also do not like how small the writing is, and the use of only one column I think makes the page look quite unappealing. The use of the picture is good as it gets the whole band in, and they are pulling strong bold poses. However there is no sort of title to tell us what the article is about or what the band is called. I would not use this example of a double page spread layout to base around my own one, as I feel this is not the look I am going for.




I like this double page layout and design slightly more. There is large wording of a quote which has been taken from the article, which I will add into my double page spread as I think this is extremely effective and attracts readers and keeps them interested. On the left hand side at the top it also has a small title to say what the article is about which I also like. However I do not like the use of the smaller pictures on the bottom right hand side as I think it makes the page extremely cluttered. I feel the page is quite squashed together and makes it hard to see a focus of the page. I do feel this double page spread layout is adequate however it would not be in keeping with my magazine and it wouldn't be appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment