Monday 2 April 2012

Font research for Contents Page


For the title of the contents page I decided to test out and just try different fonts at first, seeing if any would suit a title whilst still having the running theme from the front cover. I didn't like many of them as they were not in keeping with the rest of my magazine, and did not have the same type of theme. Towards the bottom of the page I found fonts that would maybe suit the contents page whilst also continuing from the front page, however I decided that for the title of the contents page I would just use the same font of 'Trajan Pro' as I felt this was most fitting and suited the page well.


For the sub headings and writing within the contents page I decided to use a slightly different font to that of the title. At first I played around with different fonts, seeing if a complete different change would suit the page. although I found some interesting fonts, they wouldn't have suited my contents page, and there would have been no continuity. Because of this I started looking for fonts which were similar to that of 'Trajan Pro' so that there would be similarity between the two. I found a few which sort of matched but realised the one that was most adequate for the page was 'Times New Roman' (the font at the very bottom of the page). Although I liked this page I thought that the font was slightly boring so to change it I made each letter and number thicker by 0.3pt. This allowed the font to be more bold and make it slightly more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment