Wednesday 18 April 2012

Preliminary Drawings of Double Page Spread

With this first drawing I just tried to experiment by putting all the features on the front page. This proved a useful process as it allowed me to see what I could fit on a page and how I could do it. The layout of this first design is not very effective as I do not like how there is just a picture either side of the page, and there is hardly any room for the quotation so had to be squashed inbetween the title and the text of the article.

 This layout is slightly more effective. I like the use of the large title as I think it shows who the article is about, and draws a lot of attention to it! I also lke how the quoatation is not on one line but on three, as I think it makes i more eye-catching. However I don't like that the two pictures are just placed next to each other as I think this looks unprofessional and makes the page look slighty uncluttered.
This is not a good layout for my double page spread for many reasons. The page is very bland and does not have much to it as there is only one picture and no quotations. I also do not like the fact that the picture just sits on top of the title as I think this would slightly odd. However I do like that the title has been moved to the bottom as I think this draws elements on the page together.

This double page spread design is much more what I would like mine to look like, however there is a problem with this design. It only has one picture of my model and I need to include two pictures on this page. However this is a vast improvement from my other designs as is heading towards what I would base my double page spread around.

No comments:

Post a Comment