Thursday 10 November 2011

General Research of Front Cover


 
This second magazine cover has a lot of appeal and effective features that I may use in my own magazine. I think the fading title is used very well as it makes it more interesting and gives a feel of the style of the magazine. The title is extremely bold and clear, giving off a strong feel and we can also expect the type of genre of music that will be included in the magazine. The use of the picture overlapping the title and the way the sub headings fit and mould round the picture is also used effectively. The photo of the magazine is the main feature of the front cover and is extremely eye-catching. The pose of the artist portrays what type of genre music he plays, as well as revealing that he is a 'raw' and 'hard' artist. This is complimented with his clothes and jewellery, as we associate this style of clothes with a 'gangsta' type style and rap or r'n'b music. This is again complimented with the highlight of the tattoos that he has. The running colour scheme is also effective as there is continuity throughout the front page. Similar to this magazine, I want the main focus of my magazine to be a picture, also containing a bold and striking title to compliment it. I may use ideas from this magazine to in-cooperate into my own magazine.


This magazine is a very effective music magazine for many reasons. It has a catchy and edgy
title, which defines the style and feel of the magazine. The title is also very bold and strong and although it is in a black colour, it is not boring. I also like how the main feature of the magazine is seen clearly, as this will attract more readers, especially those who are fans of that particular band. Another feature of this feature which is effective is the layout and font of the description at the bottom of most of the photos. The arrow type shaped use allows the reader to know what picture the description is talking about. The running colour scheme of black, red, and white is also used well as it breaks different parts of the magazine up whilst also having a unified feel. The bars of information at the top and bottom are also effective as it gives some more information of what features in the magazine as there is not that much writing on the middle of the page. Although I feel this is an eye-catching and adequate magazine cover, I don't want to aim my magazine at this genre of music. This is partly due to my own taste in music as well as the fact that I think it would be hard to photograph my model posing with a 'rock' type style. However although I would not use this style of magazine I may adapt features of it into my own product.


No comments:

Post a Comment