Monday 16 January 2012

Evaluation of Font research of Front Page

To start with, I tested the different sort of fonts I could use, using trial and error to see which ones would possible suit the front cover of my magazine. The fonts are extremely different from each other as I wanted to see the differences and contrasting ideas that I could come up with. Many of them were not suitable for my front cover as I felt they didn't give the right feel of a music magazine, and not the type of music magazine I am trying to create. I wanted more of a bold and striking title so it can stand out from my photo, so I then started looking for fonts which would do this. I wanted quite an original title, but I did not want it to be hard to read or not relate or suit the look of my front cover.






I narrowed it down to these final fonts which I thought would be most suitable for my front cover. I think these are all adequate fonts apart from the second one, as they are bold, and could grab the attention of a reader easily. After choosing five different fonts, I finally chose to use the bottom font.
This is the font title that I will use for the front cover of my magazine. I thought this was most suitable for my magazine, as it stands out on a page as it is fairly bold. The font is also quite simple, yet the slantedness and the slight curl of the words makes it a little bit more interesting, and gives the music feel that I want with my magazine. The small gap between each letter is also effective as it makes it bold, whilst also having a quite simple look. I feel this font will be effective and work well with my magazine as it will flow well with the front cover of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment