Wednesday 1 February 2012

Preliminary Drawings of Front Cover

I don’t think this is a very effective layout as it is quite plain and boring. The model is just in the middle of the shot with a fair amount of writing and text round the model. I will not use this layout for my front cover.


This layout is also not effective for my front cover as the tests are very separate to each other, and the front cover does not flow well or link well. However I like the idea that the model is more to the left side of the page, and I may Inco-operate this into my front cover.


 My idea of how I want my front cover to look is forming more in this idea. I like the idea of having the photo more to the left hand side, and then having sub titles on the right hand side leaving a little room to the centre right for some text. However I still think it is slightly bare.

      There are elements of this idea which I think could be used well on my front cover. I really like the use of the thin side bar to the left hand side of the drawing; I think this could be used well and effectively for sub headings that could be used on the front page. I think the two boxes on the right hand side can be used well however I am not sure if I like where the boxes are placed on the right hand side.
This final design is the design I will use for my front cover. I think this is a good and effective layout for my front cover as it is neat, filling all spaces, without it being too cluttered and over powering with writing. The bar underneath the title gives quite a ‘trendy’ look to the page, as this could be used to display small sub titles or headings that are quite important throughout the magazine. I think this will work well as a layout for my front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment